Many of us go through life doing what we need to do to survive but not look at what we can do to thrive.
If you are someone who thinks I just want to survive. I don’t mind living unfulfilled. I don’t mind being unhappy then this blog is not for you, I’ll tell you that now and save your time.
How to design a life that you love?
That has been a passion of mine over the last few years and I only honed into how to do it over the last two years.
- You don’t have control over your timetable. The work-related activities that you do. I know many medical (and other) professionals who suffer from that.
- You are tired of being underrecognized, overworked, and underappreciated.
- You don’t have enough time to spend with your family.
- You want to contribute to the community that you live in but struggle to find the time.
- You don’t have time to practice your hobbies and now you have forgotten what they were in the first place.
- You don’t have enough leave balance to go on the holidays that you want.
- You don’t have enough money to pay for the holidays that you want.
- You don’t know how to work out your life schedule to give you the balance that you desire.
If any of those resonated with you then keep reading.
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
I bet you’ve heard that one before, right?
The change comes from within you.
It starts with the desire and always needs to be followed by action.
The action doesn’t need to be a major overhaul of your life all in one go.
It is breaking down what you want to achieve into small chunks and work on them one day at a time.
Here’s a framework that I have used when I felt some or most of the pains above and how I made those little action steps that have given me a life that I’m excited to wake up to.
1- What do I like about my current state; work, relationships, health, hobbies?
2- What do I not like about them?
3- Can I fix the things that I don’t like and how?
4- What does my ideal life look like? what will I be doing, what will be eating, how will I dress… Really get into the detail of envisioning it.
Write those down.
My mentor says “trust a short pen over a long memory”.
Take time to really reflect and think about them.
then write down the steps you need to take to:
- Fix what you don’t like.
- What does that look like for you? part-time work, a new venture, a new dating app, a different workout.
- Try one thing at a time.
Nourish what you do like and design a life that you love.
You want to know how?
Did you write down the life you want to live?
Find someone living it and emulate what they do.
You will get the life that you want as a consequence.
You will get the time that you need for your family and community.
You’ll have hobbies and the holidays.
You’ll have the schedule and lifestyle you are after.
More tips to help you design a life you love
Ready to take your life to the next level?
Did you get some value from this post?
I hope you did because each week I put my heart into making sure you get some good tips so you can rock it in your travels and business while creating a life you love.
Wanna Share This Because You Love Sharing Valuable Info?
Stand Out and Stay Connected… drop a comment below.